cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 Crashes - No dialtone, restart needed

danbuchko
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday morning, we picked up the phone to make a call via the SPA112 and there was no dialtone.  I disconnected/reconnected the power and then we were able to get a dialtone and make a call.  Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to see if the web-interface was up.  Am running the latest GA firmware, 1.1.0 (011) Feb 10 2012.  It had probably been running for only about 4 days or so since the last reboot.  Anyone else seeing stability issues?  (I thought I'd seen another older posting about someone having had to reboot their device regularly.  In addition, I saw the report about caller id's longer than 26 chars causing issues, but I haven't publicized my new number yet so it is unlikely that was the cause.)

Cisco, any suggestions on a way to capture additional debug info, other than keeping a logging server running?  Didn't see any unusual activity in the device logs.

Dan

18 Replies 18

PeterBrown45222
Level 1
Level 1

I note this is a very old problem but this is what is happening with my SP112 and it was purchased in 2019 so obviously this problem has not been fixed properly can anyone please advise as it it very annoying to keep re booting the unit

Despite symptoms may be similar, the matter behind may be different. Unfortunately you provided no details. No chance to help ...

Describe the state of the device, firmware version, provide logs captured, describe the network environment ...

And start new thread for it, please.

Thanks for the reply Dan

I am new to this and I had someone set it up for me,

If you tell me what to do I can send you the details you requested.

Pete

Start just with issue description - I'm doing X, I expected Y to happen, but Z happened instead. Describe device you are using - mode, firmware version, lan environment (how the device is connected to upstream VoIP device, NAT/firewall settings, ... ). Create new thread for it.