Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Input Option: 'Action 2' question

Martin Sloan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working with the subscriber caller input options and I'm wondering if there's a way to differentiate between the 'Action' when it's set to 2 for a call handler.  In the CUC admin web pages there are separate radio buttons for 'Call Handler' and 'User with Mailbox' but from what I can tell there is no indication of this difference in the API.  I can key on differences in the 'TargetConversation' to tell between Interview Handlers, Directory Handlers, etc but I think since User with Mailbox and Call Handler both point to a call handler, it's difficult to determine what the source is.  What's the best way to determine if the action points to a User with Mailbox or a Call Handler?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the system call handler and the user's primary call handler are identical objects (by design) - all the same options are available in both.

You can tell a call handler is "tied" to a user by checking the IsPrimary field - if it's true the call handler is hidden (i.e. it doesn't show up in the call handler's section of the CUCA interface but behind the user), if it's false the call handler is a regular system call handler that's visible in the call handler section of CUCA.

for a primary call handler you can check the message recipient to see which user owns it - similarly on a user you can check the callhandlerobjectId value to find their primary call handler.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the system call handler and the user's primary call handler are identical objects (by design) - all the same options are available in both.

You can tell a call handler is "tied" to a user by checking the IsPrimary field - if it's true the call handler is hidden (i.e. it doesn't show up in the call handler's section of the CUCA interface but behind the user), if it's false the call handler is a regular system call handler that's visible in the call handler section of CUCA.

for a primary call handler you can check the message recipient to see which user owns it - similarly on a user you can check the callhandlerobjectId value to find their primary call handler.

Thanks a lot.  That's just what I was looking for.