cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we Use Jabber SDK for IM on a web server

rahulsadhan
Level 4
Level 4

Trying to work out a program in which an email will trigger a jabber chat for that to happen , will need to run the Jabber IM chat 'jabberwerx.js'

on node.js

My question is node.js compatible with Jabber IM API ?

Is there any other way to run Jabber IM API   from a server instead of it requiring a user  input  from a webpage to send chat ?

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CAXL SDK (jabberwerx.js) relies heavily on jQuery and the browser DOM, so I don't think it will work via node.js (in any case it is not tested/supported with it.)

For server side IM&P, you will likely want to look at a 3rd party XMPP library appropriate to your platform and language of choice.  XMPP.org keeps a running list here (note, Cisco does not recommend or directly support any specific 3rd party XMPP library:) https://xmpp.org/software/libraries.html

Any documentation on how to deal with SSO with these 3rd party libraries?   Being able to send IM (to individuals or persistent chat rooms) from a server event is huge.

rahulsadhan
Level 4
Level 4

I have used node-xmpp  library and its working fine (although its without SSO)   , I think it can support  SSO also , by enabling modules like passport.

However I am not sure , if Cisco IMP server supports SSO yet