Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hosting Jabber in WPF?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried to host jabber in a WPF application?, we have tried using the native WPF browser and Awesomium and so far we haven´t manage to render any video

Regards,

Alan

3 Replies 3

tinghche
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Alan,

WPF is not a supported environment, so we only help out on a best effort basis.

Although we have not thoroughly tested the Jabber SDK in a WPF application, web applications that use the Jabber SDK seem to work OK in that environment.  However, one thing that does not work is video in popup windows.  If a web application in a browser control in a WPF application launches a popup window, the popup window will be in a seaparate IE process.  This makes it impossible for the call control plug-in in the main browser window to send frames to the video plug-in in the popup window.

By default, the IE browser that is used in a WPF browser control is an IE7 browser.  The Jabber SDK is not supported on IE7.  To work around this, you can set registry keys to get WPF to use a newer version of IE in the browswer control.  On 64 bit versions of Windows add a DWORD value under:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

On 32 bit Windows (I have not tested this), set a DWORD value under:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

The name of the DWORD should be the name of your WPF application's executable, and the value is a number corresponding to the version of IE you want the browser control to use - 9000 for IE9.  For example, if my application is called BrowserApp.exe, I would create a DWORD with the name BrowserApp.exe and set its value to 9000 (decimal).

There is more information about overriding the IE version in the browser control here:

http://www.west-wind.com/weblog/posts/2011/May/21/Web-Browser-Control-Specifying-the-IE-Version.

Hope this help

Howard

Thank you Ting-Hao,

We will try setting this option to IE 9 and see how it works for us

Alan

marco.melli1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Do you succeded tu run jabber sdk on a wpf application?

I need to do the same thing.