Views
Helpful
Replies

Immediately close ip phone service windows after opening service

darksnowcat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi together,

is there any possibility for an ip phone service to just call an url and do not wait for any response and do not open the preview window? I would like to just press on a service button and do display any feedback to the user.

Anybody an idea?

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies 5

Anusha B R
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Try using CiscoIPPHONEEXECUTE service.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/9-1-1/CUIP_BK_P82B3B16_00_phones-services-application-development-notes/CUIP_BK_P82B3B16_00_phones-services-application-development-notes_chapter_011.html#CUIP_RF_C04A1D49_00

Example:

<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>
	<ExecuteItem URL=”Dial:100024”/>
</CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

HTH!

Best Regards,
Anusha B R

Hi Anusha!

Thanks for your help! We are already using CiscoIPPhoneExecute, but the phones show (depending on phone type) a kind of preview window. E.g. Cisco 8945 shows such a window for some seconds, Cisco 8845 it's just a flickering. I guess it's the time the phones send the request and wait for the response from the server.

There is no way to force the phone not to wait for any kind of feedback?

Can you describe a little more on the use case?  Are you wanting to simulate key presses (i.e. to change something in settings) but not have that visible to the user at all?  If so, that is not possible - depending on the configs needed some may be able to be accomplished via AXL or some other API...

As far as I could tell, the XML Services are implemented through an application/browser window that opens to emulate how the content would have been rendered on some of the older phones. I could not find any reliable way to not open the window on the display. In my case this was to probe an application from the phone so after this is done I have the XML close the window, and the application updates the phone's idle url configuration to remove it, and applies the configuration.

I don't think you can prevent the response window from opening, but you can get it to close automatically by providing a 'Refresh' header with URL of 'Init:Services':

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: text/xml
Content-Length: 57
Refresh: 1; url=Init:Services
Server: Werkzeug/1.0.1 Python/3.8.2
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 17:39:36 GMT

<CiscoIPPhoneText><Text>Success</Text></CiscoIPPhoneText>
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: