cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

InstalledLanguage - why no static GetInstalledLanguages?

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I need to get a list of installed languages from CUPI. No problem - InstalledLanguage myLang = new InstalledLanguage();

But.. if we take UserBase as an example, there's a UserBase.GetUser that takes a connectionserverrest and returns a UserBase as out variables.

So I propose the following change to InstalledLanguages: Add a new static method that extracts the installed languages the same way other objects allow extraction and return a WebCallResult:

public static WebCallResult GetInstalledLanguages(out List<InstalledLanguage> languages, ConnectionServerRest pConnectionServer)

{

WebCallResult res = new WebCallResult();

res.Success = false;

languages = null;

if (pConnectionServer == null)

{

res.ErrorText = "Null Connection server object passed to GetInstalledLanguages";

return res;

}

InstalledLanguage lang = null;

try

{

lang = new InstalledLanguage(pConnectionServer);

languages = lang.InstalledLanguages;

res.Success = true;

}

catch (UnityConnectionRestException ex)

{

return ex.WebCallResult;

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

res.ErrorText = "Failed to fetch languages in GetInstalledLanguages:" + ex.Message;

return res;

}

return res;

}

That way, you can use the same mechanism to extract installed languages as other things.

Would you consider adding this to InstalledLanguages?

Thanks

Stephan

Message was edited by: Stephan Steiner, added a sample implementation of what I'm looking for

2 Replies 2

jocreed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Stephan, I will submit this up as a feature enhancement and will post the bug ID here when I have completed it.

Actually, it's a feature request for Jeff's CUPI.NET lib. I hope he's on a well deserved holiday and I didn't scare him off with my ever outrageous requests.