cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iOS Content Masking covers more than intended elements

briwilli@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A customer has an iOS app to which Expert Assist 11.5 SDK features have been added. One of the app Views contains a form with several labels and text edit fields, a couple of which (PAN and PID numbers) must be masked from the agent in co-browse. The Form fill tool works as expected, with all but the two masked fields visible for agent. However, in the screen share itself, the entire form is having the mask applied. Navigation and tool bars remain visible. Has anyone experienced this or have a possible explanation?

5 Replies 5

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It sounds like the form's UI element might be being masked as well as the individual fields.

Also note that masking mobile webviews is not a feature of REM 11.5.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Robert,

I wanted to clarify the point about supported feature of Form masking before advising the customer and partner: in this case we are talking about an iOS native app and the form itself consists of a native view, not a webview. Is the native form supported for masking? Is the native form supported for Form fill assist from agent’s Form tool?

Thank you,

Brien

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brien,

I've have found this in later documentation (which may be useful) and I can find no reason that is isn't applicable to REM 11.5...

Supported Components

A UI component may contain elements which are not supported by Live Assist as controls which Agents can interact with during a co-browsing session. The following UI components are supported:

• UIButton

• UISlider

• UISwitch

• UIStepper

• UIDatePicker

The Live Assist SDK automatically detects form fields represented by these elements, and relays these forms to the agent so that the agent may remotely fill in values for the user. In order for the agent to be able to fill in these fields, each element must be provided with a unique Label attribute, either using the Interface Builder or programmatically (if you are adding controls programmatically).

The SDK automatically prevents the agent from performing form fill if the secureTextEntry attribute is set to true, or Secure is specified in the Interface Builder.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

I’m not finding any conflicting tags that would cause the entire form to be masked, as opposed to the 2 text boxes we want masked. I’m going to try to involve the original developers to explain how the UI gets built, because it looks to me as if there might be something going on at the level of different graphics layers involved to build the UI. I see in in debug logs that the iOS SDK is attempting to mask some 23 elements instead of two, and that’s pretty much the visual result as well. To summarize what we know so far:

1. This is a native iOS form built with view components, not a webview.

2. The form fill tool is working – items that are either secure or hidden by a tag do not appear in form sharing.

3. Masking is blanking out the entire form view area instead of the 2 text fields that are tagged.

I don’t know if you have any reports of anything like this in your knowledge base, but I think the next course of action is for me to reach out to the app’s developers, and I suspect then we should open a trouble ticket (?). Please let me know if you have any more thoughts – it’s as if we much of the form sharing functionality working in this app, but the app share section might not be good enough for this customer’s intended use, which is to demo the app to a wider community to promote sales. They really need our best showing in the masking as well as the form sharing.

Thank you,

Brien Williams, Custom Software Engineer

Cisco AS/Connected Experience Practice

212-714-4042

One Penn Plaza 9th Fl.

New York, NY 10119

rdavies1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brien.

From your first point:

1.  This is a native iOS form built with view components, not a webview.

I think there may be a known issue with webview's being masked at this time. Would you be able to raise a case with TAC for this?

Cheers,

Rach D