Views
Helpful
Replies

IPPS - <CiscoIPPhoneImageFile>

DaWoonKim9516
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

An image was output to the phone using the <CiscoIPPhoneImageFile> in the XML Object.

If the value of the <LocationY> element is 0, the image is at the bottom, so I want to raise it to a medium level.

If the value of <LocationY> is lowered below -1, an HTTP 400 Error response is received.

Can I raise the image to the middle without using the <Prompt> element?

The IP Phone is model 8841, 8851 and is using size 559 X 265.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Per the IPPS docs, the LocationY=0 should place the top of the image at the top of the display - you can then add to this to move the image downward, or specify -1 to have it centered (vertically.)  Values less than -1 are not allowed.

If you are observing that LocationY=0 seems to position the image at the bottom regardless - that sounds like a possible bug.  A few things to try/check:
* Test with an image that is definitely smaller in resolution than the target display area (which is smaller than the physical LCD display size), just to make sure that auto-resizing is not coming into play
* What happens if you use positive values for LocationY?
* Are you using/have you tried the 'Normal' and 'Wide' display options?

When the LocationY value is set to positive, the image goes down.

I haven't used the 'Normal' and 'Wide' options.

I don't think it's a bug. It appears in the same location as the link below.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/audio-and-video-endpoints/ciscoipphoneimagefile-for-8851/td-p/3535258

However, I want to raise the image a little more.

If the locationY negative value is not available, can I raise the image up in another way?

Testing with a 7975, this is what I see for LocationY values of 0, 50, 100:

Displayed image:

Youngkitten.png

XML posted:

<CiscoIPPhoneImageFile>
    <Title>Image File Object</Title>
    <Prompt>Image File Object</Prompt>
    <LocationX>0</LocationX>
    <LocationY>100</LocationY>
    <URL>http://{image server}:8080/Youngkitten.png</URL>
</CiscoIPPhoneImageFile>

LocationY = 0:

Screenshot_0.bmp

LocationY = 50:

Screenshot_50.bmp

LocationY = 100:

Screenshot_100.bmp

With LocationY = 0, the image is pretty much all the way to the top...if this is also what you're seeing, I'm not sure what you mean by 'raise the image a little more'..?  If you want to raise it so that the top part of the image is 'off screen', you may need to pre-crop the image on the server-side before displaying it.

DaWoonKim9516_0-1673223116597.jpeg

Image with locationY of 0.

Could it invade the prompt layout and raise the image up?