Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Jabber Guest + Android in Google Chrome

vinochau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I am having trouble in a simple call flow of Jabber Guest on Android device in Google Chrome, everytime i made call it gives me error "We're sorry,your call cannot be completed". With same configurations and device, i am able to call through mozilla successfully.On IOS device, call flow also working fine.

Jabber Guest Server Version:10.5, 10.6, 11

Jabber Guest App version: 11.0.0.944

Chrome Version: 54, 57

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check here, Chrome on Android has some restrictions and has changed the recommend intent-launching mechanism (have not compared with Mozilla:)

https://developer.chrome.com/multidevice/android/intents

It may be helpful to look at the Android logcats to see if the contents of the intent coming from Chrome vs. Mozilla give any hints of what's going wrong (e.g. missing phone number, or phone number not formatted as expected, or other issues with the JG URI string)

I have tried with chrome and mozilla, main difference in logs of both browsers's are Endpoint is not found in Chrome case. I have done some RND on it and found that when chrome switches to Jabber Guest App, the page which i am using is destroyed.In case of mozilla, page is still there.I tried different ways of opening App like "Window.open" or "Window.location.href" but nothing helped me. I also tried calling app with intent way like : window.location.href = "intent://jabberguest://<ipAddress>?uri=EX90-177#Intent;scheme=JabberGuest;package=com.cisco.jabber.guest;end"; but this also doesn't work.Help me.

This simple example seems to work for me:

<html>

<body>

Test: <a href="jabberguest://jabberguestsandbox.cisco.com?uri=5555">test link</a>

</body>

</html>

Chrome: 57

Android: 6.0(1)

Jabber Guest Server: 10.0 [pretty old version here]

Jabber Guest App: 11.0.0.944

If you are still having issues, I would suggest opening up a DevNet support ticket so we can get trace logs and potentially escalate with the engineering team...https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: