cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SDK For Web, two remote videos on the same page

samuelcovas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am working with Jabber SDK for web and I can successfully complete a video call. I can see myself (self view) and the remote person (remote video). The remote person has a Cisco Codec and is sharing his screen with me. When he shares the screen, his video feed is replaced with the computer screen.

So my question is, I would like to keep displaying his video while he shares the screen. Is that possible with the web SDK? My goal is to display on screen: me (self view), the called person (remote video), and the shared screen (second remote video). How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Jabber SDK for Voice/Video does not currently support secondary video streams or BFCP.  Depending on the MCU, telepresence participants who are sharing video and screen-sharing may have the two streams combined and sent to the Jabber SDK client as a single stream.

If you are aware of a significant business opportunity that would be enabled by enhancing Jabber SDK, let us know the details at developer-support@cisco.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Samuel,

It sounds like the remote person's application is simply switching between the camera and the computer screen as the single video source.  If so, the first thing you'd have to do is see how to enable the remote person to initiate two separate video streams.  You'd have to do that before you can work on how to handle them separately at your end with the Jabber SDK. 

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your reply. According to the remote person, his Cisco Codec is sending two video sources: his video in one stream and the shared screen in a second stream. He also reported that it is possible to view the separate streams when using Jabber software for Desktop (not web SDK).

That said, how can I use the Jabber SDK for Web in order to display his video stream and his shared screen in separate containers?

Regards,

Sam.

The Jabber SDK for Voice/Video does not currently support secondary video streams or BFCP.  Depending on the MCU, telepresence participants who are sharing video and screen-sharing may have the two streams combined and sent to the Jabber SDK client as a single stream.

If you are aware of a significant business opportunity that would be enabled by enhancing Jabber SDK, let us know the details at developer-support@cisco.com