cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JSXAPI

steven.gauthier
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, I am  am a doing quite a lot of macros using the xapi, but I am  confused with what exactly is the jsxapi library

This is stated int the help :

XAPI integration in macros use the jsxapi  library.

How am I supposed to use this library?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are two main modes for using JSXAPI:

• From a regular node.js application server, by installing/requiring the jsxapi library in your JS code.
  • From within Cisco device macros, where JSXAPI is installed/available by default - just start using it.

JSXAPI provides abstractions around sending configs/commands and receiving events/notifications from the device - e.g. using SSH or HTTP as the underlying transport.  In scenario 1) above, the device is of course remote to your app/server, in scenario 2) your app is running on the device itself and commands/events are performed on the local device.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are two main modes for using JSXAPI:

• From a regular node.js application server, by installing/requiring the jsxapi library in your JS code.
  • From within Cisco device macros, where JSXAPI is installed/available by default - just start using it.

JSXAPI provides abstractions around sending configs/commands and receiving events/notifications from the device - e.g. using SSH or HTTP as the underlying transport.  In scenario 1) above, the device is of course remote to your app/server, in scenario 2) your app is running on the device itself and commands/events are performed on the local device.

Ok thank you,