Helpful
Replies

[Node.js]Web SDK with Node.js

Bticest_jt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm facing Jabber Web SDK for now.

As I'm coding, I find out 'jabberwerx.js' couldn't work on Node.js. (I'll test 'cwic.js' later)

I think this would be 'jabberwerx.js' is not up to the "CommonJS" standard.

So, is there any planning for the JS lib to work with Node.js in the later Release?

'npm install jabberSDK' would be coooool!

Thanks, Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CAXL (Jabberwerx) is definitely targeted at the browser - not aware of any plans to make it work under node.js - what are you seeing as the issue?  That is an interesting idea - any particularly compelling use case you have in mind?

Note, cwic.js is very much tied to the browser, as its functionality depends on a binary browser plugin, to work...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CAXL (Jabberwerx) is definitely targeted at the browser - not aware of any plans to make it work under node.js - what are you seeing as the issue?  That is an interesting idea - any particularly compelling use case you have in mind?

Note, cwic.js is very much tied to the browser, as its functionality depends on a binary browser plugin, to work...

I‘m thinking about improving my app's performance. I prefer to design the IM solution under Node.js.

For coding, I have to redesign my MVC framework.

Thanks for your replay,

Jeff