cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Photo screenshot on customer side

umaskan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One of my customers want to take a photo from the camera at the customer side and send it to the agent. Can we do this with REM solution ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So it is not possible for the agent to trigger the photo being taken in REM 10.6

I understand that REM 11 will expose more of the SDK APIs that can then be used to build this functionality into the application itself.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gethinliddell
Level 1
Level 1

Yes.

The REM solution has the ability to select a camera from the UI and take a photo to send to the agent. Have a look at the scren shot below from the REM app available on the App Store.

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 10.51.11.png

thanks for your reply gethin. I installed the IOS app to my iphone. I also installed and run the REM at my lab before. But i couldn't run the app with my REM server. What are the configuration details at the app side on the iphone ?

No problem, see the following image for an example configuration.

The important items are the Support Server Address which is where you have the REM demo loaded to and the Destination which is the agent you are logged in as.

The support server address can take a host:port combination or just a host so try both to see if it will work. You might find that the REM server is running on port 8080 so try both ip:80 and ip:8080 as well as just ip

By default the agent is called agent1 and if you do not change this on your REM server then that should still be the case.

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 09.28.56.png

i finally tested it in my lab and it is working but the problem is customer can take a photo from his endpoint. We need that agent can take the photo from customer endpoint directly

So it is not possible for the agent to trigger the photo being taken in REM 10.6

I understand that REM 11 will expose more of the SDK APIs that can then be used to build this functionality into the application itself.