cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pub-local and cup servers are not creating user account correctly.

Hi ,
So what I trying to do is run the below example in following link.
https://developer.cisco.com/site/jabber-websdk/learn/im-and-presence-how-to/use-jabber-im-ui-components/
When I do the reservation for shared endpoint lab. It send me some credential.
> Once VPN is established, you can connect to your device with the following:
> Username: <username>
> Password: <apssword>
> Device: <deivce>
> Directory Number: <number>
Are these the jabber ids that I am suppose to receive from Shared Server.
If so then when I login using these IDs I get am error as "Invalid user name or password."
From my findings i think  the pub-local and cup servers are not creating user account correctly.
Can someone please help me with this
8 Replies 8

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you are correct that it doesn't always create the cup user correctly.  We are aware of the problem and we're investigating it.  Thanks!

Has this been resolved? The email I received had a blank username with only a password.

Is this an old or recent email?  Last I heard, it was resolved, but if you just now registered and got an empty username, then I need to alert the people who can fix it. 

Recent - I just created the environment today.

You already have 22 users created on the shared endpoint.  20 of them are synchronized with the CUP server. 

You don't need to keep creating new users.  Just use one that works.  It doesn't expire.

To my knowledge I haven't created any - how do I go about getting the credentials so I can log in to one of the sample applications?

Oh, sorry -- I wrongly assumed you were the person who originated this thread.  He has 22 accounts.  Jason Lattimer has 7 accounts.

jason.lattimer

jason.lattimer24

jason.lattimer28

jason.lattimer31

jason.lattimer38

jason.lattimer49

jason.lattimer79

I contacted the person responsible for getting the account creation corrected.  Can you use one of the above accounts?  Or are you not Jason Lattimer?  If you're not Jason, give me your desired username and I can create an account manually while we wait for the problem to be fixed.

Thanks - that is what I needed to get things working.