Helpful
Replies

Run Guest sample on IOS simulator

Bticest_jt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm working on Jabber Guest IOS SDK.

When I run the sample, I got some error.

It confused me for hours.

I'm a beginner on this.

Just one question.

Jabber Guest SDK for IOS can only be run on IOS device? Is the simulator be supported?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The error indicates that the Jabber Guest framework component, which includes arm7 architecture compiled/optimized code, is unable to link for the simulator, which runs as an i386 architecture process on the Mac OS.

I believe this is a common limitation when working with media/graphics related app development for iOS, in general.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As I understand it, the Jabber Guest for iOS framework uses OS audio and video capabilities that are not possible to simulate.  Development should be conducted on a physical device.

What is the specific error you are seeing?

Hi, team,

If so, I had to pay $99.

Is it possible to make 'JabberGuest.Framework' fit for the simulate?

The Error:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_CJGuestCallViewController", referenced from:

objc-class-ref in CJSAppDelegate.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thanks,

Jeff

The error indicates that the Jabber Guest framework component, which includes arm7 architecture compiled/optimized code, is unable to link for the simulator, which runs as an i386 architecture process on the Mac OS.

I believe this is a common limitation when working with media/graphics related app development for iOS, in general.