Views
Helpful
Replies

Schema and Support for CiscoIPPhoneDirectory With Custom IP Phone Service

cnattress
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am attempting to create a customized directory for Cisco phones by creating and XML based IP Phone Service.

I have this working for a Cisco 8945 (SCCP) phone. The goal is to get this working for the various 88xx SIP model of phones, which it is not working.

When I attempt to use the directory on an 8845 Phone, the display presents "Error, Contact Administrator". Pulling the logs from the phone, I see this and wonder if it a clue:

4639 NOT Jan 10 14:10:56.666127 (2487:2880) JAVA-TestDir/-1112840280 MQThread|cip.srvc.XsiResponse:XsiResponse::processMidletResponse - MIDlets not supported on this phone model

I am not all that familiar with formatting of HTTP headers or encoding types, but, I have attempted to change the encoding (Encoding.Ascii or Encoding.UTF8) in my C# program, I have tried different encoding settings in the xml header, I have even tried different Content-Types; no luck.

Here is the http get from the phone:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: x-CiscoIPPhone/*, text/*, image/png, */*
Accept-Language: en_US
Accept-Charset: utf-8,iso-8859-1;q=0.8
Connection: keep-alive
User-Agent: XSI-HTTPClient/8.51
x-CiscoIPPhoneModelName: CP-8945
x-CiscoIPPhoneSDKVersion: 8.5.1
x-CiscoIPPhoneDisplay: 498,289,24,C
Host: 10.190.21.68:5000

Here is my http reply:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: no-store
Content-Length: 177
Content-Type: x-CiscoIPPhone/text

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>
<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>Test</Name>
<Telephone>12345</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
</CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

Am I hitting some kind of bug, incompatibility, or missing something in the reply?

Thank you in advance :)

-Cheney

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

x-CiscoIPPhone/* content types are relevant to Java Midlet functionality (limited to certain models, and now no longer support anywhere)
Try using `Content-Type: text/xml`

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

x-CiscoIPPhone/* content types are relevant to Java Midlet functionality (limited to certain models, and now no longer support anywhere)
Try using `Content-Type: text/xml`

Thank you, that worked! Yesterday, I did try text/*, */*, and a few other variants, but I did not try text/xml. As mentioned, this is an area that I am no familiar with :).

Again, thanks for the help :)