cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for AED in IE with plugin

bcason
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello. I have a web application that is using only the javascript AED libraries, and it fails when run in IE11. I have the plugin installed, and the out of the box "assistsample" app is able to make calls from IE11.

My app fails as soon as I attempt to execute the connect function on my socket with a "Object doesn't support property or method 'send'" error. The same app runs fine in chrome and firefox.

I'm running REAS 10.6.3, with plugin version 2.1.31.0.

Thanks,
brad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bcason
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey, Rob. OK, made some headway. It looks like if I import the scripts in my head element the plugin fails to load. When I move my imports to the body it works. Additionally, UC fails to initialize when I only import the aed, common, and adaptor libraries. No error, it just doesn't initialize. I got it working by moving my imports to the body, then including the phone-sdk.js file, which is kind of a bummer because I don't want it to request camera access, but isn't a deal breaker for the demo at least. If you can reproduce this issue and have any advice on how i can use only AED (no phone) with the plugin that would be great.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brad,

Could you provide all the SDK calls you make and let us know what java script files from the SDK you import. Is the plugin the one installed with REM?

Regards,

Rob

Hey, Rob. I've pared down the application to the very basics just to try to work through this issue. I'm just calling this on page load:

try{

sendAED = UC.aed.createTopic('agent.chat.Jive-User-5000');

sendAED.onConnectSuccess = function (data) {

console.log("agentToCustomerEvents.onConnectSuccess");

};

sendAED.onConnectFailure = function (data) {

console.log("agentToCustomerEvents.onConnectFail");

};

sendAED.onMessageReceived = function (message) {

console.log("agentToCustomerEvents." + message);

};

sendAED.connect();

}

catch (err) {

console.log("Aed error: " + err); //fails here "Aed error: TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method send"

}

and I'm importing the following libraries. Originally tried it without the csdk-sdk.js as I don't need phone capabilities, but threw it in for testing.

<script type="text/javascript" src="./js/adapter.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="./js/csdk-aed.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="./js/csdk-common.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="./js/csdk-sdk.js"></script>

the plugin is downloaded and installed from REM 10.6.2

Capture.PNG

Thanks!

Brad

bcason
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey, Rob. OK, made some headway. It looks like if I import the scripts in my head element the plugin fails to load. When I move my imports to the body it works. Additionally, UC fails to initialize when I only import the aed, common, and adaptor libraries. No error, it just doesn't initialize. I got it working by moving my imports to the body, then including the phone-sdk.js file, which is kind of a bummer because I don't want it to request camera access, but isn't a deal breaker for the demo at least. If you can reproduce this issue and have any advice on how i can use only AED (no phone) with the plugin that would be great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: