Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Server 4.0 causing software failure for Jabber Video 4.7

Matt Stevenson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We upgraded one of our Telepresence Servers running on VM to version 4.0 for testing and are seeing a pretty nasty bug.

Current Setup:

VCS x8.1.1

Conductor x2.3

TS on VM v4.0

Jabber Video version 4.7

We've been running Conductor x2.3 since it came out and while it has some bugs it is mostly stable.   However after upgrading our TS for testing we've seen some serious problems with Jabber Video.  After a few moments being on a rendezvous bridge people on Jabber 4.7 will show as disconnected yet video/audio media will remain flowing to the rest of the participants on the call.  During this time the user on Jabber Video receives some pretty nasty errors and the software crashes. Here are the images:

TS4_JV47 crash.png

TS4_JV47 crash1.png

Is anyone else seeing this?  Pretty serious bug.   Seems like the issue does not appear in Jabber Video version 4.8 but we don't have it deployed company wide at this time.  Therefore we won't be able to go prod on TS v4.0 anytime soon. 

~Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matt Stevenson
Level 1
Level 1

To anyone who might be seeing this bug, I finally got a hold of someone from Cisco who told me that this was supposed to be mentioned in the release notes of TS 4.0 and was not. 

The bug is resolved in the newer version of Jabber Video 4.8.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

RaymondNg1
Level 4
Level 4

Jabber video version 4.7 & 4.8.5 contains the heartbleed bug.

You should upgrade to Jabber video version 4.8.6

Hi Raymond,

Thanks yes I am aware.  We are working on rolling out the update but not something we can do overnight considering we have 1500+ users of Jabber Video and must properly test first. 

Also this was not my main issue.  The issue is with Telepresence Server v4.0 and I was hoping this bug would be identified and addressed.  Are you aware of this issue and do you know if it is present when callers are using Jabber Video 4.8.6?

~Matt

Hello Matt,

I was not aware of this specific problem with TS 4.0 and jabber 4.7.

But I am also not a cisco employee and just an employee of a Cisco TelePresence partner.

Currently we do not have issues with Telepresence Server 4.0 because we are not using it yet in our production environment.

Before we can upgrade our telepresence servers we need to make some changes to our internally developed applications.

As I am not a cisco employee I can't really help you with this.

I do check the cisco communities for any issues that might be a problem for our own telepresence services.

Matt Stevenson
Level 1
Level 1

To anyone who might be seeing this bug, I finally got a hold of someone from Cisco who told me that this was supposed to be mentioned in the release notes of TS 4.0 and was not. 

The bug is resolved in the newer version of Jabber Video 4.8.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: