Helpful
Replies

Using bluetooth headset to answer calls in jabber for mac

Emiliwoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Hope i post this question on the right page;

I have a question regarding jabber for mac. My colleague has mac mini and uses a jabra headset for answering calls on jabber. Most of the time he logs in on a terminal server and when he gets a call it doesn't pop up over his screen. The ideal solution would be that he can answer the call with the button on his headset.

I know there is a script for skype users on mac that the button can 'hotkey' with the mac so you can answer calls with the headset button. Is there also a script for mac? Its a certified jabra headset.

Thanks!

Greets,

Emile

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe there is any facility/API on Mac for integrating a headset with the Jabber client (for Windows, there is an SDK for such integrations.)

Per Jabra's site, it appears to show 'audio only' for Jabber Mac:

Cisco Phone Headsets | Jabra

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe there is any facility/API on Mac for integrating a headset with the Jabber client (for Windows, there is an SDK for such integrations.)

Per Jabra's site, it appears to show 'audio only' for Jabber Mac:

Cisco Phone Headsets | Jabra

thank you for the reply and the information. i fully understand

I think i'm going to make an android profile for his phone so he can use jabber on his phone to pickup calls with his headset.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: