cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM in the cloud

awilki012
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at doing a POC of APIC-EM. Are there any cloud service providers that I can run APIC-EM on to connect back to my physical gear or VIRL?

Any recommendations on setting up a POC?

3 Replies 3

twgraham
Level 1
Level 1

I started to do that at AWS. You basically cannot get a 64GB memory machine. I can't remember if I actually got one configured but I do remember calculating that a 6 CPU 64GB machine with 250+ disk space would run about $75/day.  That would be in addition to a machine running PRIME. So for 3 months of lab you could just spend $6K on hardware and run both APIC-EM and prime on a host (like ESXi).

APIC-EM will run (not sure how well) on 40GB but as I remember the best machine I could get at AWS was 32GB

Good luck and let us know what you find.

ttrese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your Cisco SE should be able to give you access to dcloud.cisco.com where there are various APIC-EM labs you could demo if that would work for you.  You just could not manage your own gear but still get the feel for it.

dcloud is actually very good. You can't do everything but you can do a whole lot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community