cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallAddress and CurrentCalledAddress are empty - CallCtlConnDialingEv

Zygmuntix
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem in the code with CallCtlConnDialingEv.

This is my code for getting calledAddress:

String callCalled = Optional.ofNullable(ciscoCall.getCalledAddress()).map(Address::getName).orElse("!EMPTY!");

My code for getting currentCalledAddress:

String callCurrentCalled = Optional.ofNullable(ciscoCall.getCurrentCalledAddress())
.map(Address::getName)
.orElse("!EMPTY!");

The customer is using Cisco UCCE and is making outbound calls.

Some call events for outbound calls contain some normal address (not null), but sometimes the getCalledAddress() and getCurrentCalledAddress() return null. Why is it like that (so random)?

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thought might be that the results may depend on timing.  E.g. if you get a new call event after the call has been created, but before it has been connected/dialed, the values would be null.  Might try waiting for particular call progress events (e.g. CallCtlTermConnRingingEv) before doing getCalledAddress().

It would be good to know if there are any differences in call scenario (e.g. direct make call vs. transfer vs. conference) that seem to map to null values...
The JTAPI Test Tool can be helpful in examing/testing live calls/events/methods.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: