cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot redirect the call to voicemail from jtapi

Zygmuntix
Level 1
Level 1

am working on Cisco UCCX and I am using Cisco UCM integration. When I am calling from external number ('customer') to one of Cisco extensions ('agent') I am clicking 'Decline' on the agent's Cisco Jabber. Then I am redirected to the agent's voicemail.

Unfortunately I cannot do the same thing from the code: I tried to use CiscoConnection.reject() and CiscoConnection.disconnect() methods to achieve the same effect. But these methods are not working! I am getting the same Cisco events for the observed extension (at least the same number of Cisco events of the same classes - disconnected for customer, disconnected for agent, Terminal dropped for agent), but when I am using 'reject' or 'disconnect' method on the Connection - the connection from customer to agent 1 is not redirected to the voicemail. After few seconds connection between customer and agent 1 is disconnected.

In the attachments you can see the recording (voicemailScenario.mp4) of the working scenario (without using the code). I would like to achieve the same effect by using the code. How can I do it?

Currently I have the problem that when I call connection.disconnect() I have such situation (the time of the call is not updated). After the few seconds the window dissappears (their is no call, both connections are gone).

disconnectProblem.png

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you will need to use redirect() to move the call to voice mail explicitly.

See how to get the voice mail pilot for an observed address

If the call is at an application-monitored CTI Port or CTI RoutePoint, you may want to use the facility of redirect() to update the called party number, i.e. to direct the call to a specific mailbox (otherwise it will attempt to go to a mailbox for the CTIP/RP, which likely doesn't exist:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: