Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM JTAPI

Matchendran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am using JTAPI for the first time and i have installed CiscoJtapiClient 8.5 on my local machine

When i am trying to run the makecall functionality from my local machine i am getting the following error.

TraceModule: couldn't create LogFileOutputStream: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\trace02.log (Access is denied)

Caught exception com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provide
r -- user is not authorized, please check CM administration

I am using the comand below to run make call

java makecall <Server name> <user id> <password> 1000 <Dir Phone 1> <Dir Phone 2>

I have activated all the CTIManager Service for all services under Servicability page.

Please post your comments if anybody has faced the same issue or resolved the same?

4 Replies 4

NewtoCiscoMH
Level 1
Level 1

For first error, try run the cmd as administrator.

For second error, do your account has the right of call control?

Hi @NewtoCiscoMH

Your solution for first error worked well.
For the Second error,

Caught exception com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Unable to create provide
r -- user is not authorized, please check CM administration

What are all the permissions/roles should i allow for the user?

I have enabled below permissions

1) Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones Supporting Connected Transfer
        2) Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones support Rollover
        3) Standard CTI Enabled

What other roles are needed to get that done ?

Thanks in advance :)

try adding this group to the user account

Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices

Also ensure the target device names are in the controlled device list for the CUCM user account passed to makeCall.  There is also a 'CTI enabled' checkbox in the user config as well as the device config in CUCM admin - these default to enabled, but might double check them.

Configuring and scanning the JTAPI logs on the local machine might reveal something.  If you can't make any progress, though Cisco Developer Support can take a look at logs from the CTI-Manager/CUCM side to pinpoint the issue - might consider opening a ticket.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: