Views
Helpful
Replies

Jtapi Terminal and Connection States

AbbasMalik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks!

I'm developing an application in JTAPI where I required the working of the states!
The issue I'm facing is in the following scenarios considering Phone A is Jtapi controlled!
1. Two phones are in Talking.

2. Two phones are in the call but one is on hold.

3. Phone A made a call to phone B & phone B is ringing

The problem is, in all the above three scenarios, I'm getting Terminal State "ACTIVE" & Connection State "CONNECTED" which is making it difficult for me in differentiating the above scenarios!

Can anyone assist me in this regard?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This kind of thing may be expected, depending on the devices in the scenario and the signaling protocols/components that connect them.  For example a PSTN call likely does not provide the gateway/CUCM with discrete events which can correspond to idle->in progress->alerting->connected - but rather as soon as the gatewy/CUCM make the call request, media is cut through and only the user knows if that media is indicating pre-ringing 'in progress' dead air/far-end ringing/in call voice/re-order tone/etc.  In such a case, JTAPI can only model this as going directly from idle->connected (which is a valid transition) and/or sending several 'fake' transition events in a batch to get to the same state.

If would expect to see more defined transitions/events when making a call between a Cisco phone and another Cisco phone, though even then some direct transitions may still occur (e.g. from idle->alerting, skipping in-progress).
If none of the above seems applicable, more details about the endpoints, telephony architecture, and detailed end-to-end call flow may be helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: