Views
Helpful
Replies

Jtapi Terminal and Connection States

AbbasMalik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks!

I'm developing an application in JTAPI where I required the working of the states!
The issue I'm facing is in the following scenarios considering Phone A is Jtapi controlled!
1. Two phones are in Talking.

2. Two phones are in the call but one is on hold.

3. Phone A made a call to phone B & phone B is ringing

The problem is, in all the above three scenarios, I'm getting Terminal State "ACTIVE" & Connection State "CONNECTED" which is making it difficult for me in differentiating the above scenarios!

Can anyone assist me in this regard?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This kind of thing may be expected, depending on the devices in the scenario and the signaling protocols/components that connect them.  For example a PSTN call likely does not provide the gateway/CUCM with discrete events which can correspond to idle->in progress->alerting->connected - but rather as soon as the gatewy/CUCM make the call request, media is cut through and only the user knows if that media is indicating pre-ringing 'in progress' dead air/far-end ringing/in call voice/re-order tone/etc.  In such a case, JTAPI can only model this as going directly from idle->connected (which is a valid transition) and/or sending several 'fake' transition events in a batch to get to the same state.

If would expect to see more defined transitions/events when making a call between a Cisco phone and another Cisco phone, though even then some direct transitions may still occur (e.g. from idle->alerting, skipping in-progress).
If none of the above seems applicable, more details about the endpoints, telephony architecture, and detailed end-to-end call flow may be helpful.