Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.5 (3495) Backup / restore

Having issues with backup & restore on ACS 5.5 running on 3495 platform.

Incremental backups are scheduled daily at 2 AM.  Full backup is scheduled weekly at 6 AM.  Data Purge is scheduled for 4 AM (by the system - unable to change this value).

Log Collector has crashed a couple of times when a full backup is attempted (manual or automated).

TAC had us move database file to a repository and then clean the database.  After the clean, incremental backups sometimes run at 2 AM as scheduled and then at 6 AM.  No idea why.

The data purge job has failed.  I don't think it's running any more.

Incremental backup failed at 6 AM yesterday (1/21/15) because "another backup or restore was already in progress".  Incremental backup wasn't supposed to run at 6 AM.  Apparently, this caused the system to turn scheduled backups "off", so now backups aren't running at all.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?  Is there a known fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpatzold1979
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem where all of a sudden the scheduled backups stop working and I login to find the incremental backup is turned off and nobody has turned it off.  5.5.0.46.7  and has happened in older versions... did you get an answer to this?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dpatzold1979
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem where all of a sudden the scheduled backups stop working and I login to find the incremental backup is turned off and nobody has turned it off.  5.5.0.46.7  and has happened in older versions... did you get an answer to this?

Hello -

We worked for months to try and get backup/restore working on ACS version 5.5.  It never worked. Cisco finally determined that our database file is too large (42G). 

We will be upgrading to 5.7 in the near future.  Hopefully backup and restore will work better with upgrade...