Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM did not get a response from the ASA in the last 60 seconds

Chriskoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Today I have a problem with ASA5505 which I can't access via ASDM. The error show "ASDM did not get a response from the ASA in the last 60 seconds. Please check the configuration and your connection and then try again by clicking refresh". I could ping the IP of ASA , but I can't access. Please enlighten me if anyone encounter this before

Thanks in advance 

2 Replies 2

Kevin Lay
Level 1
Level 1

Highly doubt this will fix it for you but here is what worked for me. Shipped a replacement ASA 5506-x with Firepower services and effectively copied and pasted the ASA config and Firepower module config from the old ASA to the new. Wasn't until I shutdown the sfr/firewpower module that I was able to get ASDM to load. First I just shut the module down using the command below and ASDM opened, my overall fix was to delete the device out of my Firepower Management Center then re-add the SFR module to the FMC, since it's being managed by the FMC ASDM opened without issue. Not sure how helpful this is for folks who manage the module via ASDM, personally I might just reimage the SFR module to start with a clean slate but that can be time-consuming.

#sw-module module sfr shutdown

Software/Versions:

asdm-781.bin

Java Version 8 Update 201 (build 1.8.0_201-b09)

Window Server 2016 Standard

The work around for me was to downgrade Java to 8u40 (x64). 

ASA: 9.6(2)
ASDM: 7.8(1)150
Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134 Build 17134)

ASDM was unable to load the firewall's configuration. Please check connectivity to the device or try again later.

ASDM did not get a response from the ASA in the last 60 seconds. Please check the configuration and your connection and then try again by clicking Refresh.