cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCui26960 - jabberLocalConfig.xml does not exist sometimes - 1

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

Last August this bug had a fix targeted for 9.6  Then the 9.6 bug fixes came out in October and this was not in there.  But the BUG ID still says it is fixed but no workaround provided or version where it is fixed.

This is an increasing issue for our HCS customers.  What's the story?  When is it fixed?  Is there a aworkaround?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Understood.  I have contacted the developers on this and will get back to you once they have made the correct changes.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

rohorgan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.  Could you please provide me with the exact version of Jabber for Windows 9.6 you are currently running?

Thanks!

You mis-understood the question.  We are waiting to find out which version to run.  We want to know which version will have this bug fix.

We run 9.2.2 and 9.2.4 at the moment.  We need a path and expected fix date for this bug. The BUG ID has incorrect information as it says it is fixed but does not say where or how to fix it.

The bug will be fixed in the upcoming release of 9.6.  9.6 has not been released yet.  9.2.6 was released in October, not 9.6.  Once 9.6 is released you will be able to download it from cisco.com and that version will contain the fix.

Thank you,

Robbie

I am not looking at 9.2.6 information.

I am in the 9.6 EFT and they gave us the XLS of bugs fixed in 9.6  This bug was not on it.  So I went back to the bug tool and saw that on Nov 20th they removed the information on the "Fixed In" section.  Now it does not show anything.

Can you please get somone to update that bug ID so I can show it to my customer?  right now they are furious that it was set to be fixed and is now empty.

Understood.  I have contacted the developers on this and will get back to you once they have made the correct changes.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

I'have the same problem with the jabber's version 9.2.6 buil 12639 and build 107xx, when PC reboot, the Jabber restore the default connection settings of the server type in the jabberLocalConfig.xml's file.

I'have you any update for this issue?

Thanks.

Hi Gilles,

The version with the fix for this defect, Jabber for Windows 9.6, still hasn't been released. Rest assured, our developers are working overtime to get it out the door as quickly as possible.

-Tim

It's ok, i have test the jabber for windows 9.6 and it's fix my problem

thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: