cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCva93690 - "Invalid Exchange credentials" when Saving chats to O365

rpaikaryan
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a solution for this? I'm experience the same issue on jabber for windows ver 12.0. Except my jabber conversation is not saving to outlook, however jabber is able to pickup my calendar meetings from outlook. 

9 Replies 9

jzellner
Level 4
Level 4

I have been having this intermittently with different users.

The fix has been to uncheck "save chats" and apply and then check "save chats" and apply.
I have one user that this has not worked for. Still working in this one.
also making sure the servers were set to: https://outlook.office365.com

Thanks jzellner, But in my case it appears to be MFA. My office 365 users have MFA enabled on their account, and Jabber does not authenticate with multifactor authentication turned on. I've raised a TAC case and they have confirm that this not yet supported, but their dev team are working on a solution. 

Workaround - If possible disable MFA authentication for your users, or create an App MFA token for Jabber, when Jabber prompts you to enter exchange credentials user enters email address and the App MFA token. Obviously this will only work for as long as the user is signed into Jabber, when Jabber resets you'll have to re-enter the app MFA token, but the good thing is the app token remains the same, so no need to regenerate a token again. 

I'll make sure to add the TAC solution when it becomes available. 

Cheers,

RP

Thanks for the update!

It looks like I am running into the MFA issue as well as the user with the issue was recently converted to MFA. I will test your workaround.

Here is the Bug - Keep an eye on it. 
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvk31848/

What string are you using for trying to auth to O365?  Our Users auth to Jabber via SSO MFA, but authenticate into their PC using AD user/pass.  We just swung over to modern auth(SSO) for O365 apps, and I am trying to see if we can swing Jabber over to use the token from signing into Jabber with auto sign into Outlook.  Does the below config seem accurate?

<ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>false</ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>

<SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>EnabledByDefault</SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>
<ExternalExchangeServer>outlook.office365.com</ExternalExchangeServer>
<InternalExchangeServer>outlook.office365.com</InternalExchangeServer>
<Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>CUCM</Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>

Hi is this a parameter in jabber-config.xml, or where do we set this?

"configuring ExchangeUserIdType to 0 to use userid@domain to authentication against exchange can resolve this issue."

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCva93690

Reece
Level 1
Level 1

Our issue was related to some users not being able to sign in to O365 with basic auth. MS will be deprecating basic auth in Oct 2020.

As of Jabber version 12.6 there is now support for modern auth, users affected with "Invalid Exchange credentials" can now sign into O365 with this method.

The following parameters should only be required in your jabber-config:

<options>

<EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>true</EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>
<ExchangeModernAuthentication>true</ExchangeModernAuthentication>

</options>

Depending on your environment though, you may still see "session expiry" warnings in Outlook tab when going to and from MRA mode. Will require user action to "renew session".

Firecracker
Level 1
Level 1
I have Version 12.6.0.31246 Build 281246 and out of the blue I look down and see this error: Microsoft Integration error. Please reinstall Cisco Jabber to restore Office Integration. Code CJ:4000:1000. My IM's do stay in the O365 file on the outlook. Normally I can see the recent chats in my window when I am chatting with people. They are no longer showing up. Any ideas on this yet?

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

Any way to fix the "renew session" issue?  it happens every morning after logging into Jabber.  What's worse is that it doesn't show up as an error in Jabber notifications, I only see it by going to settings----outlook.  turned on Modernauth for saving chats and this happens ever since.  can't rely on users to have to check their settings and manually click renew session in order for the save chat history to function.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: