cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvf47808 - Key Reinstallation attacks against WPA protocol - 3

bvj197222
Level 1
Level 1

The article says that 8.3.130 was fixed 16.10 for some AP's, but when I check out the downloads the date of the sw is 27.9. Where can I download the bugfixed Version?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

KRACK.png

Kindly delay with doing any upgrade to 8.3.131.0. During their testing phase (after the release) they found some issues affecting non-Wave 2 APs. They've found what the issue is and they're testing the new fix before releasing the fix version on 23 October 2017.
I have updated my earlier post of the ETA of the fix to reflect the new development.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@bvj197222 wrote:

The article says that 8.3.130 was fixed 16.10 for some AP's, but when I check out the downloads the date of the sw is 27.9. Where can I download the bugfixed Version?

I think this is a mis-print.  A new batch of firmwares to fix the KRACK vulnerability is about to be released.  It's currently in it's final phase of testing.  

Any idea as to when this last phase of testing will be completed?

The Bug Search pages lists 8.2.163.5 as a fixed version, but that is not available for download ...

Steve

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

KRACK.png

Kindly delay with doing any upgrade to 8.3.131.0. During their testing phase (after the release) they found some issues affecting non-Wave 2 APs. They've found what the issue is and they're testing the new fix before releasing the fix version on 23 October 2017.
I have updated my earlier post of the ETA of the fix to reflect the new development.

Where can we download the fixed software? When I check out the available software for 5508 Wireless Controller I find 8.3.130.0  With release date 26-SEP-2017.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Software fix for the KRACK vulnerability is now available for download. They are 8.0.152.0, 8.2.164.0, 8.3.132.0 and 8.5.105.0.

Any idea if these new releases are affected by this catastrophic bug: CSCvf16302

There are no fixed releases listed.

Would hate to update and kill hundreds of APs.

@tomab wrote:

Any idea if these new releases are affected by this catastrophic bug: CSCvf16302

This is a totally different bug and has NOTHING to do with the KRACK vulnerability.

@Leo Laohoo wrote:

This is a totally different bug and has NOTHING to do with the KRACK vulnerability.

Yes it is a different bug, however you've completely missed my point which is:

If I upgrade to resolve KRACK am I then exposed to CSCvf16302.