cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvh80558 - on upgrading to ISE 2.3 Patch 2 replication failure alarms are being noticed for alarm objects

SupportAC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Anyone know more details about this issue? on any upgrade do you see that problem?

It says that apply to path1 and 2, but not say any workaround and not solved in any version.

Thanks, regards

5 Replies 5

tom234679
Level 1
Level 1

The lack of details is insane, Also the workaround has been changed to upgrade to 2.4... Its kind of like my car has a bad spark plug so we need to change out the engine... Some updates from Cisco would be nice.

tom234679
Level 1
Level 1

Since no one at Cisco wants to document the issue. Here is below for TAC. Hope this saves someone else time...

The problem is happening because of a known defect as some of the EDF objects are not getting synchronized between the nodes, manually syncing up is a workaround. If the alarms are not coming now then I will suggest to leave it.

This is fixed on ISE 2.4. It has also been tagged for 2.3 P4, however the planning would begin in mid of May, so it might take couple of months from then to get this defect in the patch.

Still not Fixed in 2.3 Patch 5.  

I have not had any issues since installing patch 4. Was it specifically for alarm objects?

Yes, It appears so.  Deployment has 2 ISE nodes. 

1st node roles PRI(A), SEC(M)

2nd node roles SEC(A), PRI(M)

Modifying an alert configuration, this will generate the replication alarm and configuratoin is not replicated to 2nd node.

ie disable an alarm, but you will continue to recieve the alrams untill you do a full sync

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: