Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvi22505 - Copy run start fails on Nexus 9K due to SKSD Service error

ian.a.lawrence
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is anyone still seeing this issue? It was apparently fixed in ver 7.0(3)I7(7). We are running 9.3(5) but still getting the issue.

2021 Jul 22 15:18:26 SWITCH-CORE02 %SYSMGR-3-CFGWRITE_FAILED: Configuration copy failed (error-id 0x401E0000).
2021 Jul 22 15:22:01 SWITCH-CORE02 %SYSMGR-3-CFGWRITE_SRVFAILED: Service "event_manager" failed to store its configuration (error-id 0x4370002C).
2021 Jul 22 15:22:04 SWITCH-CORE02 %SYSMGR-2-CFGWRITE_ABORTED: Configuration copy aborted.
2021 Jul 22 15:22:04 SWITCH-CORE02 %SYSMGR-3-CFGWRITE_FAILED: Configuration copy failed (error-id 0x401E0000).
2021 Jul 22 15:25:14 DTWD-DC01-CORE02 %SYSMGR-3-CFGWRITE_SRVFAILED: Service "event_manager" failed to store its configuration (error-id 0x4370002C).
2021 Jul 22 15:25:17 SWITCH-CORE02 %SYSMGR-2-CFGWRITE_ABORTED: Configuration copy aborted.
2021 Jul 22 15:25:18 SWITCH-CORE02 %SYSMGR-3-CFGWRITE_FAILED: Configuration copy failed (error-id 0x401E0000).

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ian.a.lawrence
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the feedback. I found the solution in this post...

http://ccieplease.blogspot.com/2019/09/cisco-9504-sysmgr-2-cfgwriteaborted.html

In case the link ever stops working, this is the main text from it...

"Issue was related to missing/incomplete config. Neither I nor my coworker noticed any error messages when pasting the config but when you try to save the config, you are greeted with the error messages. Issue was resolved by the tac engineer after he noticed that we were missing the hsrp config under the svi's (only had the command "hsrp version 2" but missing the hsrp group and the ip)."

I corrected the HSRP entry and I could then save the config.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Pawan Raut
Level 4
Level 4

We had a similar issue on 9K. I don't remember the version but it got fixed after reload the 9K.

Note: as the running config is not getting saved in startup/nvrm so please take configuration back (show running) before reboot and post reload compare the running-config and add whatever the missing configuration.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First i will check the space any issue - if not the bug still exists in new version too

as suggested the bug were fixed, but look like they are not, worth open a TAC case.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ian.a.lawrence
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the feedback. I found the solution in this post...

http://ccieplease.blogspot.com/2019/09/cisco-9504-sysmgr-2-cfgwriteaborted.html

In case the link ever stops working, this is the main text from it...

"Issue was related to missing/incomplete config. Neither I nor my coworker noticed any error messages when pasting the config but when you try to save the config, you are greeted with the error messages. Issue was resolved by the tac engineer after he noticed that we were missing the hsrp config under the svi's (only had the command "hsrp version 2" but missing the hsrp group and the ip)."

I corrected the HSRP entry and I could then save the config.

Thanks.

On nx0s9.3.7.  I had a VRF configuration on the SVI, but did not previously define the context before creating the interface.  Once the VRF context command was entered, then the interface fully configured and save was successful.

samuel schmidt
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I found an efficient workaround in 3 steps :

1. save the configuration in the bootflash : copy run bootflash:test.conf.
  2. save the test.conf in the startup-config : copy bootflash:test.conf starup.
  3. reboot the nexus.

With this workaround no need to check a huge config file.

Regards.

Sammy

Thanks, Really

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: