Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvn30553 - ATA 191 code needs rework for compatibility with CME deployments

Dalton-Covene
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing an issue in which the ATA-191 can receive inbound faxes but the outbound faxes have the SIP "To:" field blank, without populating any digits, so the fax gets a fast busy and fails.  This appears to be due to Bug ID CSCvn30553.  A firmware upgrade is required on the ATA.

This would be very straightforward if it were on CUCM to upload the COP file, restart TFTP, etc. and upgrade the firmware of the ATA-191; however, this ATA 191 is registered to CME!   Although I've uploaded the new .loads file for firmware 12.0(1), the ATA will not upgrade.

I will be running a PCAP to see what is returned to the ATA when is goes through the registration process, but wondering what could be the issue. I am also going to attempt to delete the .cnf file from the CME router and create a new one.

To all - Any thoughts on why the ATA-191 registered with CME isn't upgrading?

Regards,

Dalton Woolsey

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dalton-Covene
Level 1
Level 1

In case this helps anyone in the future, I did a 'debug tftp packets' after resetting the ATA-191 and could see it was failing to find the .loads file, so I added the 'tftp server bootflash:filename alias filename' command and the ATA was able to find the firmware file.

Example: tftp-server bootflash:ATA191.12-0-1SR1-1.loads alias ATA191.12-0-1SR1-1.loads

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Dalton-Covene
Level 1
Level 1

In case this helps anyone in the future, I did a 'debug tftp packets' after resetting the ATA-191 and could see it was failing to find the .loads file, so I added the 'tftp server bootflash:filename alias filename' command and the ATA was able to find the firmware file.

Example: tftp-server bootflash:ATA191.12-0-1SR1-1.loads alias ATA191.12-0-1SR1-1.loads