cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvn98703 - FED_QOS_ERRMSG-3-POLICER_HW_ERROR on Catalysts 3650/3850 running 16.6 releases

JEFFREY SESSLER
Level 1
Level 1

On 16.12.3a with cat 3850's and seeing a similar error, but with a code 2 instead of code 1. Wondering if others are seeing this?  The only policer is that which is setup when issuing auto qos voip cisco-phone. The ports in question do not have cisco phones attached. 

here is the message. I could find no reference to codes for the policer.

FED_QOS_ERRMSG-3-POLICER_HW_ERROR: Switch 1 R0/0: fed: Failed to update AGG policer for GigabitEthernet1/0/14: code 2

7 Replies 7

Same on stack of 2 - 3650 [WS-C3650-48TS] running 16.12.3a

duaret
Level 1
Level 1

What is cause?..   has anyone seen this condition cause switch ports to flap..   go up and down...?

dphilson
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I am seeing this on my switches with 16.12.3a too

And 16.12.04 as well

jhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

We have this problem as well. All 3650 stacks (2-4) and individual devices. Upgraded from 16.09.3a to 16.12.3a. Refer to 

CSCvn98703 , CSCvv34465, CSCuq32728 . We experienced a few 7961 randomly unregister many hours after upgrade. The log POLICER_HW_ERROR error was triggered on the interfaces of the phones. Tac suggested possibly cdp/lldp issue, to which no provided fix or workaround would resolve, but a reload did. We upgraded the affected stack up to 16.12.4. The POLICER_HW_ERROR log message was still noticed on different interfaces that went up/down, these interfaces had no phones attached.  12 hours after upgrade to 16.12.4 one of the original phones unregistered, no errors in logs.  In researching the logs further back to boot, we believe this was a separate issue and related to ip dhcp address conflict. After dhcp conflict was cleared device registered successfully.  Also to add, this switch did have a smaller ip scope for voice, which was increased in the event this could occur again after a power cycle/failure or future upgrade.  

I think I'm going to try turning off LLDP. It was recently enabled for a few new security cameras that don't work without it, and I'll bet that's when I started seeing the errors. 

It would be interesting to know if disabling LLDP fixes this for anyone else. 

lee.wheeler
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same "code 2" error except it is on 3850s running 16.9.6....????