cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvu93723 - vManage 20.3, UI error because vmanage as app-server is not cleanly stopped

oeche
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any workaroud ?

I try restart the nms data application but same issue.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

oeche
Level 1
Level 1

Ok i use a request nms application-server diagnostics and find out that vmanage change the listent port to 8443

View solution in original post

haydavis
Level 1
Level 1

This fixes GUI issue for me dude.    from cli try: request nms all restart     

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

oeche
Level 1
Level 1

Ok i use a request nms application-server diagnostics and find out that vmanage change the listent port to 8443

How did nms application-server diagnostics help solve the issue? it just tries to ping port's(8443 and 8080) and see if there are open or not. in my case connection to 127.0.0.1:8080 is getting refused.

It help's me to find out that vManage change is listenning port.

haydavis
Level 1
Level 1

This fixes GUI issue for me dude.    from cli try: request nms all restart     

Skjalg Eggen
Level 1
Level 1

Just replying with how I managed to fix this issue, if anyone else comes across this. 

TAC just told me to upgrade, even though I sent them df -kh outputs that clearly showed /rootfs.rw was 90% full

That is not going to work, and actually is the root cause of the webserver failing. 

logs show that if you have less than 1GB free on /rootfs.rw the application server shuts down. causing the error.

turns out I had a ton of old logs filling up the disk. 

the culprit is these files: /rootfs.rw/var/volatile/log/nms/vmanage-elastic-cluster.log.*

they are not auto cleaned and fills up the disk.

Deleted them and restart nms all, and suddenly everything worked. 

NB: Upgrade will fail if you have less than 50% free space on /rootfs.rw as well. 

So just delete those old logs and make sure you got more than 50% free diskpace and you should be fine.