cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwh84122 - Can't remove Basic Messaging license from CJP user

MicahP
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think there is a misunderstanding. I'm reading the bug now and I don't think this is accurate. Messaging is not needed for Contact Center Agents. Messaging can be removed and should not be grayed out. You don't need Messaging as a Contact Center agent. The customer does not want to use Messaging because they are using MS Teams. We are able to remove Messaging and still have Contact Center License enabled but it takes two steps. The issue is that we have to remove the licensing for Contact Center agent with Messaging and add the Contact Center Agent License back which works but it's an extra step. I'm not sure why this bug claims Messaging is needed for Contact Center Agents but I don't believe this is true and if it's grayed out it will cause issues for my customer because they do want Contact Center Agents using Webex App but they do not want Messaging or Teams tabs. The bug is not that Messaging is not grayed out, it's that the Contact Center license needs to be removed with the Messaging and Contact Center Agent license will need to be added back to remove Messaging. We should be able to remove Messaging without removing the Contact Center Agent license.

0 Replies 0