Views
Helpful
Replies

Drag n Drop Bug with Packet Tracer v8

raphaelluethy
Level 1
Level 1

Hy,

For my university course, we are tasked to use the Cisco Packet Tracer version 8. We got the task to place a router and put a module from the list on the left-hand side in to a given slot of the router.

There I got an issue, neither with my trackpad or Magic mouse, I'm unable to "Drag" the Module into the slot. I reinstalled the Software - didn't fix the issue. I tried the project with my Windows machine and everything worked fine, but since I only got a MacOS Laptop this will be an issue.
When I click on the module, not even the "Liftoff" animation happens, as if I never clicked on it. (I tested different mice and with the trackpad, nothing happened)

Is there a workaround/possible fix?
I use MacOS Version 11.2

Other Students also experienced this bug randomly, some do some don't -  we weren't to pinpoint the issue sadly.

Hope someone can help me out

Cheers

20 Replies 20

from another website :

Create a folder on your desktop. Drag and drop a packet tracer saved file to that folder. Then the drag and drop for device modules should randomly start working, not sure exactly why this makes it work though, seems pretty random

Had this bug too, im amazed that your suggestion fixed it...

It just magically works .... Thank You...

I have tried to fix that on the way you have written, but the bug is still there. Do you know any other option to resolve that problem?

Thanks and have a nice day  

wow your advice was so helpful. thanks

That's odd, it actual worked!!! Thank you!

I can't believe you managed to figure that out 

Thanks this worked for me too. Before I tried this fix, there were a few sessions where the drag and drop did work. I have no idea of the root cause of the issue.

It worked.Thank you

Crazy that this works! Thanks for sharing 

Thank you very much Abdullah-Alqarni!

This is crazy but it really works!!!

Anyone knows why this drag&drop method will help and what techs behinds it?

This is really cool and thank you for help us out

Thanks, that's really helpful!