cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet tracer problem pinging iot server

Willpat123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have just started using packet tracer and I have ran into an issue trying to connect to the iot manager through the iot server, I have tried to ping the iot server from the home network and it keeps failing been stuck on this for nearly a week if anyone could help out o would be much appreciated. I have attached my packet tracer file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Issue is wtih Home Wireless router WRT300 internal network (wireless and LAN) is the same as its gateway IP to Router 1; this is why u cannot ping any WRT300's clients to R1.  WRT300 does DHCP, DNS, NAT/PAT for its internal clients. Check his ports; single Internet port to go outside and internal LAN ports and wireless AP network.

Change WRT300 LAN network to something else. Like 192.168.40.0/24 , refresh IPs of wireless clients to get new IPs

Also, your IoT server with 192.168.0.10 is connected to R1's GigabitEthernet0/1 with ip address 201.168.4.1 ? That is not going to work; they have t o share common subnet to communicate.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Willpat123
Level 1
Level 1

This is my packet tracer file, I did not allow me to add it.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Issue is wtih Home Wireless router WRT300 internal network (wireless and LAN) is the same as its gateway IP to Router 1; this is why u cannot ping any WRT300's clients to R1.  WRT300 does DHCP, DNS, NAT/PAT for its internal clients. Check his ports; single Internet port to go outside and internal LAN ports and wireless AP network.

Change WRT300 LAN network to something else. Like 192.168.40.0/24 , refresh IPs of wireless clients to get new IPs

Also, your IoT server with 192.168.0.10 is connected to R1's GigabitEthernet0/1 with ip address 201.168.4.1 ? That is not going to work; they have t o share common subnet to communicate.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thanks for the help, the ping is not going to the iot server but it stops when it reaches back to the main router, I have tried changing the gigabyte 0/0 thought maybe that was the problem. I have attached the one with the fix you said Todo. Thanks for taking time to help out.

I have fixed the ping issues but it still won't let me login to the iot server from the smart home or connect the iot device, I look and it seems to stop at the main router. I have attached the fixed one

IoT server default gateway is wrong;

I got it working thanks for all the help 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: