cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet tracer problem pinging iot server

Willpat123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have just started using packet tracer and I have ran into an issue trying to connect to the iot manager through the iot server, I have tried to ping the iot server from the home network and it keeps failing been stuck on this for nearly a week if anyone could help out o would be much appreciated. I have attached my packet tracer file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Issue is wtih Home Wireless router WRT300 internal network (wireless and LAN) is the same as its gateway IP to Router 1; this is why u cannot ping any WRT300's clients to R1.  WRT300 does DHCP, DNS, NAT/PAT for its internal clients. Check his ports; single Internet port to go outside and internal LAN ports and wireless AP network.

Change WRT300 LAN network to something else. Like 192.168.40.0/24 , refresh IPs of wireless clients to get new IPs

Also, your IoT server with 192.168.0.10 is connected to R1's GigabitEthernet0/1 with ip address 201.168.4.1 ? That is not going to work; they have t o share common subnet to communicate.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Willpat123
Level 1
Level 1

This is my packet tracer file, I did not allow me to add it.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Issue is wtih Home Wireless router WRT300 internal network (wireless and LAN) is the same as its gateway IP to Router 1; this is why u cannot ping any WRT300's clients to R1.  WRT300 does DHCP, DNS, NAT/PAT for its internal clients. Check his ports; single Internet port to go outside and internal LAN ports and wireless AP network.

Change WRT300 LAN network to something else. Like 192.168.40.0/24 , refresh IPs of wireless clients to get new IPs

Also, your IoT server with 192.168.0.10 is connected to R1's GigabitEthernet0/1 with ip address 201.168.4.1 ? That is not going to work; they have t o share common subnet to communicate.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thanks for the help, the ping is not going to the iot server but it stops when it reaches back to the main router, I have tried changing the gigabyte 0/0 thought maybe that was the problem. I have attached the one with the fix you said Todo. Thanks for taking time to help out.

I have fixed the ping issues but it still won't let me login to the iot server from the smart home or connect the iot device, I look and it seems to stop at the main router. I have attached the fixed one

IoT server default gateway is wrong;

I got it working thanks for all the help