cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pfm_node_lc[294]: %PLATFORM-SFP-2-LOW_RX_POWER_ALARM : Clear|envmon_lc[147540]|0x1029002|Port_0/02 error on Cisco ASR 9001

ighoisgreat
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys,

I am receiving the following error on inserting SFP into my ASR 9001 router :

pfm_node_lc[294]: %PLATFORM-SFP-2-LOW_RX_POWER_ALARM : Clear|envmon_lc[147540]|0x1029002|Port_0/02

I am currently running IOS XR Software, Version 5.3.3[Default]

some output are as below:

sh controllers gigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0 phy

<>

SFP EEPROM  port: 0
        Xcvr Type: SFP
        Xcvr Code: 1000BASE-LX
        Encoding: 8B10B
        Bit Rate: 1300 Mbps
        Link Reach 9u fiber (Km): 10000 meter
        Link Reach 9u fiber (100m): 10000 meter
        Vendor Name: CISCO           
        Vendor OUI: 00.90.65
        Vendor Part Number: SFP-GE-L         (rev.: B   )
        Laser wavelength: 1310 nm (fraction: 0.00 nm)
        Optional SFP Signal: Tx_Disable, Tx_Fault, LOS
        Vendor Serial Number: FNS14440128     
        Date Code (yy/mm/dd): 16/01/18  lot code:   
        Diagnostic Monitoring: DOM, Int. Cal.,
        Enhanced Options: SW RX LOS Mon., SW TX Fault Mon, SW TX Disable, Alarm/Warning Flags

<>

dBm)
        Temperature: 33.672
        Voltage: 3.284 Volt
        Tx Bias: 20.344 mAmps
        Tx Power:  2.09660 mW (3.21516 dBm)
        Rx Power:  5.62760 mW (7.50323 dBm)
        Oper. Status/Control: Rx Rate Select,
EEPROM Memory (A2 lower)

any one with any idea of what the challenge could be?

Please note that once the other end is connected properly to the terminating device, the cisco ASR show up up on the interface but the other device shows as down down.

thank you for the help

8 Replies 8

pwaller
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have same issue, did you get a fix for this issue ? what was the other end device ?

Same issue here with a ASR9006 and RSP-4G and A9K-16T/8-B

Anybody has a solution ?

I have a same issue, when I plug GBIC in SFP + port, I receive this alarm! And when I set no shut on this interface, the led is a faint red, it turns bright red!

SFP EEPROM port: 0
Xcvr Type: SFP
Xcvr Code: SFP-10G-SR
Encoding: 64B66B
Bit Rate: 10300 Mbps
Link Reach 50u fiber: 80 meter
Link Reach 62.5u fiber: 20 meter
Vendor Name: CISCO-AVAGO
Vendor OUI: 00.17.6a
Vendor Part Number: SFBR-709SMZ-CS1 (rev.: G4.1)
Laser wavelength: 850 nm (fraction: 0.00 nm)
Optional SFP Signal: Tx_Disable, Tx_Fault, LOS
Vendor Serial Number: AVD2039ACCH
Date Code (yy/mm/dd): 16/10/08 lot code:
Diagnostic Monitoring: DOM, Int. Cal.,
Enhanced Options: SW RX LOS Mon., SW TX Fault Mon, SW TX Disable, Alarm/Warning Flags

Hey Guys... 

First, you need to set the basic port settings! I followed this procedure and it worked!

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/iosxr/asr9000/hardware-install/9001-hig/b-asr9001-hardware-installation-guide/b-asr9001-hardware-installation-guide_chapter_0111.html

Basic Line Card Configuration

This procedure is for creating a basic configuration—enabling an interface and specifying IP routing. You might also need to enter other configuration subcommands, depending on the requirements for your system configuration.

This example shows one way to configure the basic parameters of a line card:

Procedure
Step 1   Enter EXEC mode:
Username: username
Password: password
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router#
Step 2   Check the status of each port by entering the show interface command:
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router# show interface
Step 3   Enter global configuration mode and specify that the console terminal will be the source of the configuration commands:
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router# configure terminal
Step 4   At the prompt, specify the new interface to configure by entering the interface command, followed by the type (for example, gigabitethernet or tengige) and rack/slot/instance/port (line card rack, slot number, subslot number, port number). Remember that Cisco ASR 9001 Router rack and subslot values are always 0 (zero). For example, to configure port 4 on bay 0 of the line card:
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router# interface tengige 0/0/0/3
Step 5   Assign an IP address and subnet mask to the interface with the ipv4 addressconfiguration subcommand, as in the following example:
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-if)# ipv4 address 10.1.2.3 255.255.255.0 
Step 6   Use the no shutdown command to enable the interface:
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-if)# no shutdown

The no shutdown command passes an enable command to the line card. It also causes the line card to configure itself based on the most recent configuration commands received by the line card.

Step 7   If you want to disable the Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP), which is not required, use this command:
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-if)# no cdp
Step 8   Add any other configuration subcommands required to enable routing protocols and adjust the interface characteristics. Examples of such subcommands are:
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-if)# flow-control ingress
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-if)# mtu 1448
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-if)# mac-address 0001.2468.ABCD
Step 9   When you have included all the configuration subcommands to complete the configuration, enter the commit command to commit all changes you made to the runningconfiguration.
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-if)# commit
Step 10   Enter Ctrl-Z to exit configuration mode. If you did not enter the commit command, you will be prompted to do so:
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config-if)# 

Uncommitted changes found, commit them before exiting(yes/no/cancel)? [cancel]:

Answer yes to commit, no to exit without a commit, or cancel to cancel the exit (default).

Step 11   Write the new configuration to memory:
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router# copy run disk0:/config/running/alternate_cfg:/router.cfg 
Destination file name (control-c to abort): [/router.cfg]?
The destination file already exists. Do you want to overwrite? [no]: yes
Building configuration.
223 lines built in 1 second
[OK]

The system displays an OK message when the configuration has been stored.

Ok sounds interesting ... thanks for this i will note this down !

Hi

Our issue was actually something rather simple and can't believe I missed it. The switch end was auto/auto as usual but the ASR9k end was "no negotiation" in the port default config. Simply added "negotiation auto" to ASR9k port config and up she came.

Is this port receiving too low light?

Error Message %PLATFORM-XFP-3-LOW_RX_POWER_WARNING
XFP Low Rx Power Warning

Explanation Environmental monitoring has detected an XFP Rx power less than or equal to the low Rx power warning threshold.
The XFP is the pluggable optics on the line cards. The Rx power threshold values are read from the XFP.
Recommended Action Verify the following - device is properly inserted.
- the RX fiber is inserted properly - the far end is enabled and transmitting - that input attnuation is not too high If the issue persists then copy the error message exactly as it appears,
and report it to your technical support representative.
If possible, also provide the output of the commands - ’show controller i/f phy’ - ’show controller i/f internal’