cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Cannot Ping to Internet

FooFighter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm currently setting up this Cisco Router RV345 at my client site. I have configured the WAN1 with relevant network information from ISP. I can confirm that the network information is correct and working by setting up in my laptop and was able to ping to the Internet. However, it is just not working when I configured the same information in WAN1 of this router. From diagnostic, I got ping failed whenever I ping to the Internet or the default gateway given by ISP.

I have tried to un-tick the Network Service Detection in Multi-WAN as I seen someone posted the tweak (https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/rv340-amp-wisp-wan-connection-problems/td-p/3827206). Unfortunately, it's not working for my case.

The system firmware is 1.0.03.15. Can anyone advise whether there is a bug in this version or did I missed out anything in the configuration?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that i aware of that Firmware has any issue (latest is .,17)

1. Do you configure Laptop is this DHCP or Static IP? 

2 If you are not able to ping ISP Gateway itself, sounds like there may be small config missing here?

Coming back to your issue, is this possible to post the configuration of the screen to verify and also a diagnosis of ping from GUI to understand the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi wrote:

Not that i aware of that Firmware has any issue (latest is .,17)

1. Do you configure Laptop is this DHCP or Static IP? 

2 If you are not able to ping ISP Gateway itself, sounds like there may be small config missing here?

Coming back to your issue, is this possible to post the configuration of the screen to verify and also a diagnosis of ping from GUI to understand the issue.

Hi BB, thanks for your help. To answer your below two questions:-

1. Do you configure Laptop is this DHCP or Static IP? Laptop configured as Static IP with the WAN IP given from ISP.

2 If you are not able to ping ISP Gateway itself, sounds like there may be small config missing here? Please refer to below screenshots.

Screenshot (375).pngScreenshot (376).pngScreenshot (377).pngScreenshot (378).png

Thanks!

Thanks for the information, all seems to be good. at least you should able to ping next-hop address which weird here.

Technically this step not required, but worth adding 1 static route towards ISP IP and test it,  also check any ACL by default denied?

BB

Appreciated your help BB.

Checked ACL and added static route towards the ISP IP, unfortunately nothing work for my case. Will try to reset the router and give another test tomorrow.

that is bizzard situation - reset and upgrade to 17 also worth - and last resort to raise a TAC case

BB