cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The secure gateway has rejected the connection attempt. AnyConnect

cruseb1
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with connecting to ASA. I am unable to connect to FQDN but I can connect by IP. I have included the running config as well as screen shots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a bit of a noob and just cant figure this one out.

The actual error displayed for is "The secure gateway has rejected the connection attempt. A new connection attempt to the same or another secure gateway is needed, which requires re-authentication."

Thanks

AnyConnect-error2.png

AnyConnect-error1.png

  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok 
can you ping the FQDN ? if yes then 
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/public-key-infrastructure-pki/200339-Configure-ASA-SSL-Digital-Certificate-I.html

try this way add the FQDN to Certificate "FQDN is same as it appear in DNS".

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

This is connecting to the ASA, I have the split DNS setup and everything works fine when I connect to the ASA by the IP Address. When I try to connect by the FQDN of the ASA (I have a SSL Certificate issued by GoGetSSL as well as the CA certificate installed on the ASA) The connection attempt fails, and I don't understand why.

Brian

Also It's no the DHCP bug either, I get a connection to the ASA when I use the IP Address.

cruseb1
Level 1
Level 1

Here are the log files from the ASA when connecting via the FQDN. The IP's have been scrubbed. 

XXX.XXX.XXX.205 is the outside interface

xxx.xxx.82.51 is the ip of the connecting laptop

ok 
can you ping the FQDN ? if yes then 
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/public-key-infrastructure-pki/200339-Configure-ASA-SSL-Digital-Certificate-I.html

try this way add the FQDN to Certificate "FQDN is same as it appear in DNS".

cruseb1
Level 1
Level 1

@MHM Cisco World ..... Good Call.. That wasn't the issue however retracing all of my steps setting up the host A record and requesting the certificate helped me see the issue. I use cloudflare as my provider and when I setup the "A" record I did not change it from the default "DNS and Proxy". I changed the "A" record to "DNS Only" and that fixed the issue. 

Thank You for all of the help!!!!

Brian 

rchandran612
Level 1
Level 1

Can you get solution for this issue , I am also facing same issue 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: