cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a CBS to my CBD located on another network.

tomy buchanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hiya Everyone 

So I am in the midst of adding my CBS located on another network to my main office CBD.

I have followed all the guides I found and now at the stage where the CBS shows in the main office CBD but has no IP address and shows as offline, I should also mention that the network it was assigned to in the CBD shows offline and has no probe IP address.

I managed to add the CBS by using the CBD option located in the CBS Gui. I enabled the Probe and enabled the CBD with the option to connect online via browser.  Completing this seen me getting asked for the CBD prompt to login and then setting up the switch to the network. once complete, I could see the switch in the CBD now but offline as I mention.

With in the CBS Gui, at the CBD option the probe is enabled but the CBD section isn't and status says disconnected but no errors.

I wish to be able to manage the switch on the other network from with in the main site CBD , Can someone Please help to now get these systems online and accessible.

CBS CBD settings outputCBS CBD settings outputCBD status for the Network CBS appended toCBD status for the Network CBS appended to

5 Replies 5

Mark Fang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Tomy,

I see on the screenshot of "CBS CBD settings output", the "Enable" check box of "Dashboard Connection" is not checked. That's weird, since you have done the connection setup by "online with web browser", this check box should have been checked. Could you please try this way - 1) select the "Offline with Access Key" radio button, 2) Enable the "Dashboard Connection" check box, 3) click [Apply] button?

Hiya , So I did that and the status returns 

Dashboard Status : Disconnected ( connection-error - Network is unreachable )

For clarity I am on the same network as the switch and can connect to the CBD server interface to view if any settings have updated on the network containing  the CBS .

also the Enable dashboard connection stays enabled 

Looks like a network communication error. Can you try pinging the CBD server address from device GUI or from device CLI?

tomy buchanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hiya Mark ,

So quick update on this .

I originally done the pings from the same net and that worked however when pinging across the network from the location of the CBD it failed, performing the same ping with in the CBS also failed. 

Out of the box this system was never updated with the static routes or default gateway. Just running with default Vlan1 and everything connected to it.

I corrected these routes and the system started responding.

The next error was the certificate : but I could easily fix that based on other support requests pointing out the failures of the default certificate on CBD, Basically back on the CBD renew certificate with the Subject name containing the IP address, correcting the Certificate validity. Went back on the CBS and removed the old certificate , Ran the connection and now its connecting and updating.

Thanks Again for you pointer, it was exactly what I needed.

You're most welcome.