Views
Helpful
Replies

CBD auto login attempts

EDT2021
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We've configured the CBD to connect to our switches via SNMP and it works great.

However, the CBD continuously attempts to sign into our switches with username/password and SNMP. The failed username/password auth attempts flood the switch logs. 

We do not want the CBD to connect to our switches using username/password - how can this be prevented?

Thanks
Eddie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eddie,

I'm afraid you can't prevent CBD from trying to access the switches with the username and password.  Quite a lot of the supported functionality requires the web interface to operate, so turning off web access would significantly limit what you can do.  We don't have any plans to be able to turn individual protocols on or off for devices, though there is some work being done to allow you more control over which devices will be managed.  Depending on what you are trying to achieve, this might help, but based on your comment about snmp working well, I think it probably will not help.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eddie,

I'm afraid you can't prevent CBD from trying to access the switches with the username and password.  Quite a lot of the supported functionality requires the web interface to operate, so turning off web access would significantly limit what you can do.  We don't have any plans to be able to turn individual protocols on or off for devices, though there is some work being done to allow you more control over which devices will be managed.  Depending on what you are trying to achieve, this might help, but based on your comment about snmp working well, I think it probably will not help.

Cheers,

Dave.