cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Naming unmanged networks

BDH49642
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 unmanaged networks in my topology. I cannot find a method to change the names of those. I know that CBD cannot manage them and replacing them with Cisco products is not possible. One is a VMware vSwitch, one is my Internet router/modem device and the other is a MOCA adapter allowing me to use existing Coax for Ethernet. Giving them meaningful names would make the organization topology map more informative. Having 3 networks with distinctly different functions all named Unmanaged Network is confusing. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

This is a really good suggestion, but unfortunately is not a simple fix.  The unmanaged network clouds are generated dynamically based on how the topology is structured, so there is nothing permanent that we could attach a name to.  We will look at it some more and see if we can come up with a way to do this, but it is not something that is going to be resolved quickly or easily.  Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

This is a really good suggestion, but unfortunately is not a simple fix.  The unmanaged network clouds are generated dynamically based on how the topology is structured, so there is nothing permanent that we could attach a name to.  We will look at it some more and see if we can come up with a way to do this, but it is not something that is going to be resolved quickly or easily.  Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: