cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Naming unmanged networks

BDH49642
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 unmanaged networks in my topology. I cannot find a method to change the names of those. I know that CBD cannot manage them and replacing them with Cisco products is not possible. One is a VMware vSwitch, one is my Internet router/modem device and the other is a MOCA adapter allowing me to use existing Coax for Ethernet. Giving them meaningful names would make the organization topology map more informative. Having 3 networks with distinctly different functions all named Unmanaged Network is confusing. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

This is a really good suggestion, but unfortunately is not a simple fix.  The unmanaged network clouds are generated dynamically based on how the topology is structured, so there is nothing permanent that we could attach a name to.  We will look at it some more and see if we can come up with a way to do this, but it is not something that is going to be resolved quickly or easily.  Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

This is a really good suggestion, but unfortunately is not a simple fix.  The unmanaged network clouds are generated dynamically based on how the topology is structured, so there is nothing permanent that we could attach a name to.  We will look at it some more and see if we can come up with a way to do this, but it is not something that is going to be resolved quickly or easily.  Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Cheers,

Dave.