Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing question

pablo.mateu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.
I have questions regarding permanent and RTU licenses. I have read all the articles you published but I still don't get the idea.

1) Are RTU licenses perpetual? Do they have all features?
2) Do I need to have any proof for RTU licenses in case of audit?
3) Why anyone can get a RTU license if there are permanent ones?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wrong forum. Feedback Forum is dedicated to opinions, suggestions, concerns, and feedback on the new Cisco Support Community.

Note: If your questions pertain to specific Cisco technology or solution, please post them in the proper community by leveraging the Community Directory so that folks who have expertise within those areas can engage and collaborate to it.
Thank you!
The Cisco Support Community Team

Please delete your question here and recreate it in more appropriate forum. You have little chance to receive valuable answer here.

For the purpose of following text I'm claiming I'm neither expert on matter nor lawyer.

Right to Use Feature Licenses follow the traditional licensing model and do not use Cisco Software Activation. They are perpetual in most cases, but you need to read license terms of particular license agreement to discover the details of particular license. Same apply for "features" - license agreement will describe what's covered by particular license. License agreement and proof of purchase is sufficient "proof of any license" in most cases/countries/jurisdictions, but your auditor may ask other documents if he wish. Ask your auditor.

Can you please tell me which is the correct forum? I couldn´t find any appropiate one.

Thanks.

I'm not sure there's a forum dedicated just to licensing questions. But licensing questions are mostly placed in forum dedicated to related hardware.

Generic thread with no more specific forum may fit to Cisco Cafe.

Note that some topic may be appropriate in no CSC forum. You may try to ask on licensing@cisco.com or just call Cisco's support instead.