Views
Helpful
Replies

Application QoS policy not pushed to switches

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I am in a lab environment trying to push a QoS policy to two 9300 switches. The switches has a basic config with a mgmt loopback and all port with default configuration.

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/16
 device-tracking attach-policy IPDT_POLICY
!

I have disovered the switches and added them to a site and then provisioned them, and everything is working so far.

I have now created a custom application policu and queueing profile and assigned them to the site with the two switches.

I then press the deploy button and it goes through the wizard, and says deployed successful to two devices.

But there have not been made any changes to the switches and there are no QoS configuration at all. Exept for some default CoPP configuration.

I am running DNAC version 2.2.3.4 and IOS 17.3.4 with an eWLC image installed/activated but not used.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Found the issue.

I had been pushing client AAA out to the switch before, and that process cut the dnac user from logging in to the switch I was testing on.

The GUI did not give any errors strang enough. but after fixing the AAA issue and redeploying the policies, everything is now as expected.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

If you go to System Settings, "Device Controllability" is enable?

Yes it is. Otherwise we would not see the device-tracking attach-policy IPDT_POLICY being pushed.

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Found the issue.

I had been pushing client AAA out to the switch before, and that process cut the dnac user from logging in to the switch I was testing on.

The GUI did not give any errors strang enough. but after fixing the AAA issue and redeploying the policies, everything is now as expected.