Views
Helpful
Replies

APs per site reporting

Isak Labuscagne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All. 

I have an inventory of 1000+ APs.  I have the count per model, but need the model count per site?  Which way can I follow to achieve this?  I've tried working with the AP Inventory report by DNA, with Excel charts and pivot tables, but can't seem to get it right.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Isak

2 Replies 2

dhickss3
Level 1
Level 1

As i know open your AP Inventory report in Excel. Make sure your data is structured with columns representing relevant information, such as "AP Model" and "Site Name." Create a pivot table by selecting the data range and going to the "Insert" tab in Excel. Click on "PivotTable" and select "PivotTable" from the drop-down menu. In the PivotTable Field List, drag the "AP Model" column to the "Rows" section and the "Site Name" column to the "Columns" section. Drag any numerical column (e.g., "AP Serial Number" or a column containing 1s for each AP) to the "Values" section. By default, Excel will sum the values. Double-click on the sum of values in the "Values" section to change it to a count of values. This will give you the count of APs for each model and site combination.

MyAccountAccess Online

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do the APs have a site-specific Site Tag? 

If they do, then use the CLI command of "sh ap tag summary | count SITE-TAG".