Views
Helpful
Replies

Booting Cisco 8000v with network advantage

shivanisharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working with a Cisco 8000v router in Azure environment and I would like to boot the 8000v with "network advantage" license only so that I do not have to upload the license usage report to Cisco every few months. Also, since this router is in a secure environment it does not have access to internet and so cannot upload the license usage to Cisco as the new Cisco licensing model requires.

I know that "network advantage" license is perpetual so I think once I have the router booted to "network advantage" with no add-on license I should not need to upload the license usage. However, the router is not letting me set the boot option to "network advantage" without an add-on option. I also have worked with Cisco TAC and they say that I cannot set the boot option to "network advantage" without add-on option on a virtual router. It is possible on a physical router but not on virtual router.

Does anyone know what happens if------

1. I have the router booted with "network advantage" and add-on "DNA advantage"
  2. 90- days of license update period expires
  3. I do not upload the license usage to Cisco

Would the "network advantage" license features also stop working? All I need is for the router to be able to do routing, IPSec tunnels and multicast routing. Would these features stop working if I do not upload the license usage file?

Thank you.

0 Replies 0