cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOLUME of PROMTS and GREETINGS

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br><br>we have our first install of Unity 2.3 in NZ with VOIP on a Callmanager. This is a trial install. They have an issue whereby the SYSTEM PROMPTS are very loud, although any recorded conversation over the phone is very quiet. We have tried adjusting the PROMPT VOLUME CONTROL in Unity (Under subscriber template) - but this makes no difference. If you change the volume over the phone the disparity between the PROMPTS and Messages / Greetings does not change (of course). Is there another place we should be looking to acheive this ?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

The volume control on the subscriber screen (and the subscriber template screen) is actually for message playback, not for prompts. When listening to a message on a system using Dialogic or NMS or Brooktrout cards etc… you can hit “5” and adjust the volume in a cycle from medium to high to low back to medium etc… the setting on this page just indicates the default value for this. It does not adjust the volume of the system prompts playing back, just recorded messages.

These analog cards also support Automatic Gain Control (AGC) where you can indicate a target decibel level and messages coming in that are higher or lower than that recording level are automatically adjusted to try and reach the target level.

Unfortunately the Cisco driver does not offer a volume adjustment capability and does not have an AGC feature at this time. As such recorded messages are recorded at the volume they come into the system and are not adjusted automatically and cannot be adjusted manually. This has been reported to Cisco as an issue.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

To add some late breaking news to the previous reply.

Cisco has recently released a version of their wave driver that does offer volume adjustments capabilities. We are currently testing it in our QA department. When we have finished testing it, we will release a version of the AvCiscoTsp that defaults to a louder record volume.

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com

Not applicable

I may be wrong but I am POSITIVE that the volume control (via admin to a subscriber a/c) does adjust the prompt level (system prompt) for that subscriber. I have tried this several times and it does happen ! This has no effect with the CISCO Callmanager integration.

Not applicable

Well... it's not SUPPOSED to do that, but maybe it's changing the over all volume. I'll check into it.

It's intended only for message playback...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg