Views
Helpful
Replies

Can´t remove 9800 controller from DNAC Inventory

florianhaake
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

currently I am testing DNAC with a virtual 9800 controller together with two aps. It seems like I messed up the configuation... So my goal was to remove the 9800 from the inventory and provision it again using DNAC.

ButI can´t delete it using "Provison" , "Devices", "Actions", "Inventory", "Delete Device". I am just getting "Error while deleting device 10.1.1.15."

Even when I use the API to delete the controleler:

I tried to use the Inventory, Network Device, delete /network-device/{id} API with the force option...

I get a resonse code 202 but the device will remain in the inventory.

I know that there is a way to manually remove a device in the database. Even when I crash the DNA.... I want to do that to learn as much as possible.

Do you know the correct way? Or any other way to forcefully delete a network device?

1 Reply 1

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please open a Cisco TAC Case so that a Cisco DNA Engineer can triage the issue and determine the necessary steps to remove the device from inventory.

We want to avoid using the Delete Device from Inventory API with "Force" option for devices that are "still" part of a Fabric deployment.  The device has to be removed from the fabric before it can be deleted from inventory.

In your environment, there could be a combination of things so we do not want to make assumptions and provide steps that could be harmful to the integrity of your configuration.  So please open a Cisco TAC Case.

Regards.